Cambodia is one of the most gorgeous and unique places in the world. I highly recommend going there and visiting some of the tourist attractions that I visited on my second trip to Cambodia. If you want to find out what those attractions are, then continue to read on.
1. Siem Reap- This is a resort town that is located in northwestern Cambodia and I recommend you visit this place as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. One of the most amazing ruins can be found there and that is the ruins of Angkor, which is where you can find Angkor Wat, which is the main temple. You can also find various stone buildings. If you are looking for a chic city to visit, as well as one of the most famous ruins in the region, then you will want to pay a visit to Siem Reap.
2. Kampot- This amazing city is home to some of the best things to do in Cambodia, and on my second trip I made it a point to visit it. Some of the things you can do while in Kampot include backpacking, checking out the rivers and hiking and visiting the beaches. There are also zoos you can visit, and if you’re looking for a great place that the entire family will enjoy, then look no further than Kampot. The city has something for everyone and you will find that there are many affordable things you can do while there.
3. Ream National Park- My second trip to Cambodia included a visit to Ream National Park, which is one of the most gorgeous national parks in the world. Amazing rivers and gorgeous beaches and coral reefs can be found there. Not only that, but the park is home to an abundance of wildlife and marine life. However, the park is quite large and you can easily spend a few hours there or an entire day, so it’s a good idea to get to the park as early as possible because the chances are you will want to explore as much of it as you possible can.
4. Poipet- Are you more of a nightlife type of person, or are you curious about the nightlife in Cambodia? If you are, then do what I did and take a trip to Poipet, which is an amazing town located right near the border of Thailand, and the nightlife there is impressive. You’ll find that there are quite a few things to do, and this includes visiting a casino, gambling and dancing the night away at some of the best bars/nightclubs you have ever been to.
5. Virachey National Park- Another national park I have been to and recommend you go to is Virachey National Park, which offers you the chance to do things such as backpacking and being able to view various animals, including elephants, sun bears and even tigers. However, the chances are you won’t get to see those animals in the wild, but you may very well hear them afar. If you’re looking for a good day out and you enjoy doing a lot of hiking and you like being surrounded by gorgeous scenery, then you will love spending the day at this park and it should be one of the first places you go to in Cambodia.
If you have never been to Cambodia, then you are missing out. My second trip to Cambodia was just as amazing as the first trip, and that says a lot. If you like adventure and gorgeous scenery and unique tourist attractions, then book a trip to Cambodia as soon as possible.